from the office of Illinois State Rep. Anthony Deluca
Release Date: March 30,2021
House Resolution 10- Preventing Robocalls
Tired of being annoyed by the endless robo and scam calls? I hear your frustration and I'm taking action. I'm sponsoring House Resolution 10 (HR10) and it was unanimously adopted by the Illinois House Consumer Protection Committee last week.
HR 10 urges the federal communications commission, the federal trade commission, the U.S. telecom association, and the telecommunications industry to continue monitoring this issue and adapting appropriate techniques and enforcement measures to discourage and reduce unwanted calls that understandably annoy, scam, and defraud consumers.
HR10 also provides information on how you can further protect yourself from these calls/scams. Here's the link to the full text of H.R 10.
We urge consumers to protect themselves by doing the following:
(1) Do not answer calls from unknown numbers;
(2) Do not press any buttons, say “yes,” or give out any personal information in response to any questions;
(3) Do check to see if a call is legitimate by hanging up and calling the organization the caller claimed to be representing to confirm the origin of the call;
(4) Do use caution if you are being pressured for immediate Information;
(5) Do set a password for your voice mail account;
(6) Do talk to your phone company about blocking tools they may have;
(7) Do register your number on the National Do Not Call registry at http://www.donotcall.gov in order to all legitimate telemarketers to avoid calling your number.
Illinois 80th District includes portions of:
Townships: Bloom, Crete, Florence, Frankfort, Green Garden, Manhattan, Monee, New Lenox, Peotone, Rich, and Wilton
Municipalities: Chicago Heights, Flossmoor, Frankfort, Glenwood, Hazel Crest, Homewood, Manhattan, Matteson, Mokena, Monee, New Lenox, Olympia Fields, Park Forest, Richton Park, South Chicago Heights, Steger, Symerton University Park, and Wilmington